If you are unable to attend the open call in AUSTIN, CHICAGO, LOS ANGELES, or NEW YORK, you MUST submit a video in order to be considered.
What do I need?
You will need a video camera (or smart phone) and a friend to film you (you may also film yourself if you have a tripod or a way to set up the camera properly).
How long should my video be?
The length of your video should be 5- 10 minutes of unedited footage. No music, no cuts, no voice-overs, and no fancy transitions – raw footage only please in one of the following formats ONLY: .MOV, .MP4, QuickTime or “PLAY” DVD.
How do I make my video the best quality possible?
No need to use a professional video service! Have a friend videotape you, but please do not hold the camera yourself. Make sure we can SEE and HEAR you clearly. Frame the camera from just above the top of your head to your chest.
What do I put on the video?
We want to get to know you as a person. What distinguishes you from somebody else? We want to see you both inside and outside. PLEASE TELL US, AND SHOW US who you are and why you want to be on STRONG. Have fun and be YOU!
*TIP: The camera tends to suck the energy right out of you, so keep the energy up!
1. Please start with your name and where you're from.
2. Tell us your occupation, city in which you currently reside and city you are originally from.
3. If you are auditioning as a TRAINER, who are some of the folks you’ve trained and what sets you apart from somebody else?
4. If you are auditioning as a CONTESTANT, what events have impacted your life? What has held you back from getting S.T.R.O.N.G.? WHY NOW?
5. Tell us a brief story about yourself - where are you from, what was life like growing up, what do you do day to day?
6. How would your friends or family describe you? What do you think people's first impressions of you are? Tell us the good and bad. Funny? Arrogant? Spontaneous? Klutzy? Nerdy? What were you like in high school? Popular? Quiet? Bullied? Troublemaker?
7. What is something that would surprise us to find out about you?
8. What are your hobbies?
9. What has been the toughest obstacle you’ve had to overcome?
10. If you won, what would you do with this opportunity?
11. What is your unique and personal motivation for wanting to compete on the show? Explain why you would be an excellent candidate for S.T.R.O.N.G. and why you have what it takes to compete.
TRAINERS: We want to see you in your element (a professional gym) and in action, training. Show us your skills and technique. Remember, since we can’t meet you in person, the more visual, the better. No need to film your entire training process – just record the highlights.
CONTESTANTS: Show us any outside interests that are important to you, your neighborhood/town you live in, family, friends, significant others, kids, staff, etc. Again, don’t just tell us what you like to do for a living, SHOW US! We love to see you active! Also, we want to know what is at stake. Why do you need this opportunity?
AFTER I MAKE MY VIDEO, THEN WHAT?
EMAIL your video submission link to: NBCSTRONGCASTING@GMAIL.COM. In the subject line, please write VIDEO SUBMISSION and include the following in the body of your email:
If you are unable to email your video submission, MAIL your video submission to:
1111 S. Victory Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91502
Please include the following:
Videos and photos will not be returned. So please make copies for yourself.
APPLICATION/VIDEO DEADLINE: COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS AND VIDEOS SENT IN BY MAIL MUST BE RECEIVED BY MONDAY, JUNE 8TH, 2015 AT 11:59PM EST.**
**Remember the earlier the better. Producer reserves the right to extend the application deadline in its sole discretion.